B is for Business
Least we not forget, being a real estate agent isn’t just a job, it is a business. In order for it to be successful, it has to be a full-time operating machine with lots of moving parts. That might sound like a weird analogy but if you look at the successful real estate agents in Toronto, you notice that they are not just good at one thing, they are masters of multi-tasking. Like any profitable big corporation, their success lies in how each segment of their business performs. When one department fails, the company is put into jeopardy.
- The Marketing department is in charge of all print , media, sponsorship and Brand building.
- The Negotiation team works to solve problems between to rival groups (the buyers and the sellers).
- The Compliance department makes sure that the company has a current operating licence.
- The Corporate training department makes sure the company keeps its policies and procedures up to date.
- The Communications department is in charge of managing past and current clients, competitors (other agents).
- The analysts constantly review and track listed and sold properties.
- The Social Media department is in charge of keeping the corporate website up to date, and managing other SM assets.
- The Finance department makes sure invoices are paid.
There is no mystery to success. A good agent dilgently sets aside the appropriate amount of time for each task each and every day.